Dawson and Phillip

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 29, 2010

Time is flying by....

It has been so long since I have written anything other than doctors appointments and notes to my mediciad worker. Time is just flying by and the boys are getting so big. We have worked out a semi schedule. I try and stay up at night while my mom and Andy sleep, then my mom usually takes over from 7am and I wake up around 2pm. I feel pretty lucky having this schedule since it means I get a lot more sleep than a lot of other new parents. My mother is taking on a very big load with these babies, she hardly sleeps and when she does I can hear her talking about them. I go to school on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays in the morning so on those days the schedule changes a bit.
On Jan. 20th 2010 we took the boys to be circumsized. We were taken to the holding room where they answered our questions, no they do not numb the area, they are not given any medication at all. They weighed and measured them, Dawson is 19 inches 8 pounds and 9 ounces, Phillip is 20 inches 8 pounds 8 ounces. Dawson has surpassed Phillip in weight for the first time, it was kind of surprising. Then we went into the surgery room. Phillip went first, his arms and legs were strapped down to this plastic tray in the shape of a baby body. I held his hand and watched his face become beat red while they did the procedure, and eventually he was screaming. I was on the brink of tears and then became really hot and thought for a moment I might puke. Dawson was next, I decided not to watch a second time but made my mom promise to hold his hand while they did it. After it was over they drank thier bottles and we askd the doc to look in thier ears just to make sure they were ok. She didn't tell us she would bill us seperatly $226.00 each, the circumsition cost $300.00 each and mediciad still hasn't returned an of my letters or calls. When I think about the health care situation in this ountry it really hits home and angers me to tears sometimes.
The bandages have come off and they are doing great. The first couple of days you could tell they were in pain and I just felt sorry for them. They are getting so strong. Phillip rolled over on Jan. 22, 2010, and of course he was on the couch and scared us to death. Dawson was laying on the couch and almost pushed himself over the edge. They have started to really follow us around the room with thier eyes and turn thier heads when we are talking to them. It is an awesome feeling when they smile even though you know it has nothing to do with you.
We have had so many guest. It feels so good to know people will take time out of thier life to come and see us and the babies. It seems that women love to talk about thier birth experience and what it was like for them, it's crazy but I love hearig these stories. Before my own birthing experience I really coudn't relate, but now I feel these stories are very interesting and I understand more than ever before. Right now Sarah Robinson is here with us visiting. She is holding both the boys at this very moment giving me the opportunity to write this blog. She told me she was saving for a mexico trip but had to come visit these boys, she is an awesome friend and I really love her! I told her there wouldn't be much going anywhere, and so far we haven't gone anywhere or done anything! She has cooked all the meals and been so so helpful!
Twins are a lot of hard work and I know we would really struggle without the help of my mother. I know it sounds crazy but Andy has never looked better than when he is making bottles! I love my famiy so much and I can't wait to see what the boys will do next! Thank you to everyone for your support and know that we appreciate it all!

1 comment:

  1. Howdy...this is soooo neat...to be able to see pictures of the boys...and your thoughts too. You really are fortunate to have your mom help you guys out...and have such good supportive friends to help too. The boys are truly adorable and I look forward to watching them grow...even if it is through our computers....Love ya..warm Hugs to one and ALL...especially those two little bundles of love and blessings...Peggy B

    ReplyDelete